1. What time do you get up in the morning?
Between 7 and 7:30.
2. Diamonds or Pearls?
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
The Wire and Project Runway.
5. What do you normally have for breakfast?
Dannon Light ‘n’ Fit vanilla yogurt with fruit, walnuts and a sprinkling of granola.
6. What is your middle name?
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
Based on frequency of consumption, Japanese.
8. What food do you most dislike?
Octopus with visible tentacles.
9. What is your favorite chip?
Homemade, using my mandoline.
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
You know this question doesn’t really apply; I have to say the “Nawlins” genre on my iPod.
11. What kind of car do you drive?
VW Passat, stick shift
12. What is your favorite sandwich?
BLT, as long as the tomatoes are local and in season.
13. Qualities I despise most in other people are…
Hypocrisy, cruelty, backstabbing
14. What are your favorite clothes?
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
Hawaii, as I would then be in good shape to collect all 50 states. After that, I really want to see Italy and Spain. Also have a soft spot for Scotland.
16. What color are your eyes?
17. What is your favorite brand of clothing?
I don’t care about brands, although I will buy St. John’s for a splurge.
18. Where would you want to retire?
19. What is your favorite time of day?
Early evening, quitting time. (Remember the line from Cheers? Coach: What would you say to a beer, Norm? Norm: Daddy woves you.)
20. Where were you born?
21. What is your favorite sport to watch?
22. Sock Sock, Shoe Shoe or Sock Shoe, Sock Shoe?
sock sock, shoe shoe
23. Cash, credit card or debit card?
Credit card, cash, debit card.
24. Pepsi or Coke?
Coca-cola, and I’m eager to try a friend’s tip and hunt down the kosher-for-passover Coca-Cola which, allegedly, is made with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.
25. Cats or Dogs?
Dogs, but it’s a very close race.
26. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Morning and chirpy as hell.
27. Pedicure or manicure?
28. Do you prefer funny or mushy cards?
29. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share with everyone?
I appear to be making some progress in yoga.
30. What did you want to be when you were little?
31. What do you have in your trunk right now?
Books, boxes slated for my storage unit and a set of Pyrex. Oh, and a duffel bag filled with beach toys.
32. What is your best childhood memory?
Playing “mugger,” a game of our own creation, in the twilight.
33. What are some of the different jobs you have had in your life?
Lifeguard, Swiss Colony salesgirl, information desk attendant, factory worker. (The last one lasted two days.)
34. What is your favorite Holiday?
4th of July because I have a good view of the fireworks.
35. What is your favorite dessert?
Devil’s food cake with that fluffy seven-minute icing.
36. Where is your favorite get-away?
St. Simons Island
37. Have you ever been to Africa?
No, but I might be going this year.
38. Glasses or Contacts?
Increasingly glasses, although I have my contacts in right now, which means I need reading glasses.
39. Have you ever been toilet papering?
40. Have you ever been in a car accident?
Several times and once it was my fault.
41. What is your favorite day of the week?
42. What is your favorite restaurant?
DiFara’s, based on the fact that I would go there once a week if it were nearby.
43. Favorite flower?
44. Favorite movies?
Citizen Kane, Wizard of Oz, Shattered Glass, Crossing Delancey, All that Jazz, Strictly Ballroom, Animal House.
45. Favorite Past time?
46. Favorite ice cream?
Baskin Robbins chocolate chip.
47. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Steak ‘n’ Shake
48. How many times did you fail your drivers test?
49. From whom did you get your last email?
One of my students
50. Sandals or tennis shoes?
51. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
A gallery with great American folk art and/or outsider art.
52. If the speed limit is 60, what is the fastest you normally drive?
I’ve probably gone up to 75 in those circumstances.
53. What is your bedtime?
11:10 (aka, after Jon Stewart’s first segment.)
54. Whose response to this are you most curious about?
Bryon (I admit, I went with my gut here.)
55. Last person you went to dinner with?
My parents and my sister.
56. What are you listening to right now?
The dishwasher and a rerun of America’s Next Top Model
57. What is your favorite color?
58. How many tattoos do you have?
None, but I contemplated getting a henna one today.
59. Smooth or crunch peanut butter?
60. What is your favorite drink?
Wine. Red or white, mommy woves you!
1. What time do you get up in the morning?